Chad Robbins, M.D., F.A.C.S, is a Mayo Clinic-trained, board-certified Nashville plastic surgeon who performs breast augmentation for the residents of Murfreesboro, TN.
What is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure undertaken to increase the size, shape and fullness of the breasts of a woman. This is achieved by placing silicone breast implants or fat under the chest muscle or breast tissue. It’s good news for the residents of Murfreesboro, TN, as Dr. Robbins provides this procedure to leave you looking good and feeling confident.
Benefits of Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentation is undertaken by women for various reasons. Here are a few benefits that arise from having the procedure:
- It causes an increase in the fullness and projection of breasts.
- It enhances appearance and self-esteem.
- It improves on the balance of a woman’s figure.
How is Breast Augmentation performed?
Being a surgical procedure, the first step is the administration of anesthesia. An incision is made for insertion of the implants. Three types of incisions are typically used:
- Inframammary incision: This is an incision made under the breast.
- Transaxillary incision: This is an incision made in the armpit.
- Periareolar incision: This is an incision made around the nipple.
Once the incision has been made, the implant is placed inside the pocket. The implant placement is done in one of the following ways:
- Submuscular placement: This is placement under the pectoral muscle.
- Submammary placement: This is placement behind the breast tissue and over the pectoral muscle.
These services are all available for the residents of Murfreesboro, TN, through Dr. Robbins.
About Dr. Robbins
Dr. Robbins is a board-certified plastic surgeon and a leader in the provision of breast augmentation services. He has undergone training in advanced plastic surgery procedures at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN, a global leader in training in medical treatment and surgical procedures.