HOW MUCH DOES PLASTIC SURGERY COST?
If you are currently researching plastic surgery procedures, you may have noticed that pricing information is missing from many plastic surgeons’ websites. The primary reason for withholding procedure costs often comes down to variability: the exact cost of an individual’s procedure can vary based on:
- A patient’s specific needs and goals
- A patient’s exam findings – meaning how much work is required to achieve the desired results
- The surgeon’s qualifications, skill, and experience
- The quality and availability of care and resources, including staff
- Length of procedure – anesthesia and facility fees are often time-based
- What is included in the price – Do the fees include anesthesia, facility fee, surgery fee, implants, pathology fees, post-operative garments, pain-control systems, follow up visits, etc.?
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR?
The final cost of your procedure is composed of a variety of expenses including:
- Surgeon fees
- Implant costs (breast implants, chin implants, etc.)
- Operating room facility fee (OR staff including staff before and recovering from surgery, instruments, suture, drapes, cost of machinery such as liposuction equipment, disposables, and all other items required for surgery)
- Anesthesia related costs (anesthesia provider time and expertise, monitors, medications, tubing, etc.)
- Perioperative medications, post-surgical compression devices, pain control systems, and other medications and devices
- Follow up appointments
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR
Having cosmetic surgery is a life altering event. While the cost of surgery is an important factor to consider, it is also crucial to remember that you will live with outcome for the rest of your life. Your highest priority should be on finding the best provider for your particular needs. Specifically:
- Choose a surgeon with an abundance of experience, board certification, and documentation of previous surgeries. For a plastic surgery procedure, choose a board-certified plastic surgeon rather than a doctor from another specialty that performs plastic surgery. Click here to see Dr. Chad Robbins credentials.
- Look for a surgeon that you are comfortable with and agree with how he or she plans to perform the surgical procedure.
- It is important to ensure that the physician you choose understands the goals you have in mind and agrees that they are realistic and attainable.
- Make sure your surgery will be performed in a properly credentialed operating room such as the Cosmetic Surgery of Nashville
- It is important to select a physician who is using high quality products (such as implants) from a reputable manufacturer.
- Be wary of physicians who offer pricing significantly lower than national or regional averages or bargain/gimmicky prices, such as Groupon or “deal of the day” offers.
- Be certain that the quoted price is transparent with all costs and that there are no hidden fees.
- Know that medical services in Tennessee are not taxed, so there are no additional taxes applied to your quote.
ROBBINS PLASTIC SURGERY PRICING
While surgery fees may vary, we at Robbins Plastic Surgery can easily offer estimates for callers interested in a specific procedure or procedures. At Robbins Plastic Surgery, patients who combine procedures receive a significant cost savings: patients pay full price for the most expensive procedure and additional procedures are done at a discounted rate. Anesthesia fees and facility fees are time based in our practice, so there is usually some cost savings on those items as well. Please know that financing is available. Click here for available financing options at Robbins Plastic Surgery. These fees may vary, and a consultation is necessary to determine exact price of surgery. Call (615) 237-5552 now to schedule your appointment with Dr. Chad Robbins and Robbins Plastic Surgery!