Chad Robbins M.D., F.A.C.S., a board-certified and Mayo Clinic-trained plastic surgeon, has vast experience in breast implant procedures. With his sophisticated approach, Dr. Robbins works with each and every patient to ensure breast implant success. Never believing one-size-fits-all, Dr. Robbins offers a variety of breast implant solutions to tailor to each patient’s body and taste. Welcoming new patients in Nashville and Franklin, Dr. Robbins has helped many women gain confidence following the breast implant procedure.
What are Breast Implants?
Breast implants, sometimes referred to as breast augmentation, is a procedure designed to enhance a woman’s breasts in shape and/or size. Breast implants have been around for decades and each year, physicians such as Dr. Robbins are honing in on their craft and providing increasingly natural-looking and safe results. During a breast implant procedure, Dr. Robbins will typically place an implant under the natural breast muscle tissue through a small incision according to each patient’s desire for the outcome of the procedure.
The Benefits of Breast Implants
Women have been enjoying the benefits of breast implants for years. Breast implants can increase body confidence, result in better-fitting clothes, and make women look healthier or younger. Breast implants can enhance the shape and size of the breasts, depending on a woman’s goals for the procedure. Many women use breast implants to make their breasts larger and more lifted, but the shape and size are customizable among patients.
Women seek breast implant surgery for a number of reasons. Some women have never been content with the size or shape of the breasts and are finally ready to take action. Others are unhappy with the changes in their breasts from pregnancy or aging and use the surgery to restore their youthful looking appearance.
Breast Implant Procedure Options
When considering breast implants, one should learn about all of the options available to them. Some women have different priorities for the implant surgery regarding the shape, size, and feel of the implant. Dr. Robbins offers four kinds of breast implant options to satisfy the wants and needs of each and every patient:
- Silicone Implants: Silicone implants are the most common choice in breast implants today. Many women and men say that silicone implants feel the most natural. Silicone implants are FDA-approved for safety and are filled prior to the surgery to the patient’s desired size. For this reason, silicone implant leaks are very unlikely. Typically incisions are made in the crease of the breast. These incisions are nice and hidden concealed in the natural fold.
- Saline Implants: Saline implants are the original kind of breast implants. Unlike silicone implants, saline implants are filled after being placed for surgery. This way of filling the implant results in smaller scars from the incision points for surgery. Typically incisions are made in the crease of the breast. These incisions are nice and hidden concealed in the natural fold. Saline are the only Sometimes, incisions may be made along the areola of the nipple or under the armpit.
- Gummy Bear Implants: Gummy bear implants are a new development in the world of breast augmentation. Named for their texture when cut open, these implants are a jelly consistency and do not “leak” even when sliced open. Gummy bear implants are made from silicone and have a gel-like consistency. For this reason, many people think they have a more natural feel when in the breast versus a filled implant. Typically incisions are made in the crease of the breast. These incisions are nice and hidden concealed in the natural fold.
- Mentor™ MemoryShape™ Implants: Mentor™ MemoryShape™ implants are made of silicone gel, much like the Gummy Bear Implants, but come in the newly popularized teardrop shape. Mentor™ MemoryShape™ implants are FDA-approved and come in several shape options depending on the height and build of the individual. The teardrop shape of the implant is longer and thinner on top, with a full round bottom to the implant. This is thought to achieve a more natural-looking silhouette versus round implant options.
- Mentor™ Xtra: The cohesive gel in MemoryGel® Xtra Breast Implants feels soft and natural, with increased firmness over MemoryGel® Breast Implants for women desiring that feel. A Soft, Natural Feel Patients Desire with Increased Projection, Fullness and Firmness.
Which Breast Implant Option is Right for Me?
The first step in the breast implant procedure is for the patient to consider their goal for the overall outcome. Finding photos of desired breasts for their shape or size can be helpful during the initial consultation. Dr. Robbins will learn about each patient’s desires for the breast implant procedure before recommending any of the kinds of implants he offers. Dr. Robbins can also use technology to help show patients what they can expect from different sizes, shapes, and structure to the implant. Ultimately. Dr. Robbins will help guide the patient to the safest and most effective kind of implant to achieve her specific goals.
What is the Breast Implant Procedure Like?
The breast implant procedure can vary from patient to patient. Most commonly, the procedure goes in the following steps: Dr. Robbins will use general anesthesia, small incisions will be made in the fold under the breast, the breast implant is placed under the natural muscle tissue, the incision is sutured, and the patient will be monitored for a short time. Variations of the procedure can happen based on the patient’s desired outcome. Sometimes, incisions may be made along the areola of the nipple or under the armpit. Other times, Dr. Robbins may suggest placing the implant over the existing muscle tissue, though such cases are rare.
After surgery, patients return home, and Dr. Robbins will prescribe any needed medication to manage slight discomfort. It is suggested that patients avoid strenuous physical activity for about three weeks. While results are immediately visible, the full results can be observed months after the surgery.
How Much Do Breast Implants Cost?
Breast implants vary in cost depending on the type of procedure selected. Most of the procedures are considered elective by insurance companies and, therefore, are not eligible for coverage. In order to make high-quality breast enhancement accessible, Dr. Robbins is proud to offer his patients unique financing options for his procedures.
Board-certified Nashville plastic surgeon Dr. Chad Robbins is renowned for his work in breast enhancement. In order to best serve each individual with amazing results, Dr. Robbins offers a variety of breast enhancement procedures at his office. Dr. Robbins meets with each patient to best understand their desired results for breast implant surgery and makes thorough recommendations accordingly. Contact us today to schedule your consultation with Dr. Robbins.